Alabama Uncontested Divorce
An uncontested divorce or a non contested divorce in Alabama is where the parties agree upon everything such as:
- division of assets
- child custody
- child visitation
- child support
This agreement is put in writing. The divorce agreement, along with other necessary paperwork, is filed with the court. Usually, the court grants an uncontested divorce without the parties ever having to go to court.
How can I get Started with my Uncontested Divorce?
- You can contact me via the contact page, fill out the divorce intake form or call the firm. If no one answers, leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- You do not even have to make an appointment and come into the office to get your divorce started.
- You can get your divorce started via a phone consultation and credit card payment.
- Once the divorce paperwork has been completed, it can be e-mailed to you.
- If the paperwork is acceptable to all parties, you can make an appointment to come into my office and sign the paperwork.
Advantages of an Uncontested Divorce
- An uncontested divorce is a low cost alternative to a contested divorce.
- Generally, parties do not have to go to court to get an uncontested divorce.
- With an uncontested divorce, the parties get to decide issues on custody, asset division, and alimony, instead of the court.
- Usually, a uncontested divorce takes less time to get than a contested divorce.
Waiting Period: How Long Does it take to get an Uncontested Divorce?
- An uncontested divorce can be signed by the court 30 days after it has been filed with the court.
- However, in my experience the judge normally grants the divorce 45 to 60 days after it has been filed with the court.
If you need an uncontested divorce, learn why you should hire a Mobile divorce lawyer to represent you. As a lawyer, I understand that sometimes problems don’t occur nine to five. Consequently, a lawyer is available on a limited basis to take your calls on the weekend and after hours. Please call the firm and leave a message and a lawyer will call you back as soon as possible.